Thursday, July 28, 2011

Today was warm and sunny, and I was very thankful as the weather has not been too cheerful. So, I started out in the vegetable garden planting swiss chard and peas then lots of watering.  Also, I did a bit of mulching so we could possibly cut down on watering. Then I had to check on the progress of the tomatoes and found there to be many starting to ripen, I was able to harvest about 15 yellow pear and cherry tomatoes. Overall, the day was a success with planting, harvesting and seeing happy tomatoes.
Add caption
Yellow pear tomato
Oh yeah look at these monsters
Had to show a picture of some ripening tomatoes
The bed where the peas now live next to the chard
The tomatillos we rescued, and mulched to retain moisture
The newly planted swiss chard

No comments:

Post a Comment