Sunday, July 31, 2011

Saturday and Sunday events


Wow, we hit 74 degrees today on Orcas Island and it felt good.  My day consisted of cleaning areas where slugs may be lurking. Along with water, water, water as the plants aren’t use to this weather. In addition, I transplanted a flat of lettuce to the herb garden which is a fenced in garden viewable to the window table in the restaurant.  

So, I am jumping to Sunday as I didn’t post my Saturday events.  I slept in today as the rain woke me up early in the morning which was appreciated by the plants.  I really enjoyed my leisure morning, drinking coffee and searching for a new good book to read. I then took my Sunday bike ride which I enjoy as I discover new parts of Orcas. After, my 10.60 ride which I use www.mapmyride.com  to record these journeys, I get ready for pizza and the sun is shining. The day seems to start off slow yet we stay pretty steady through the evening.  I enjoy these days as friends and families come to eat and enjoy each other’s company.  As the evening winds down and we clean up I take some stuff back to the kitchen when I notice two bald eagles sitting on top of two pine trees out on the back lawn. I feel so lucky, the sun is setting and their white heads shine bright. These moments capture nature at their best and remind you how amazing it is to be able to see this moment.

With this blog I am adding some pictures I have taken of the property landscape at Inn at Ship Bay.  I hope you enjoy them.

Ligularia such a beautiful plant
A row of ligularia
Red poppy
Borage, you can eat the blooms which taste like sugar
The lily pads in front of the cabin so beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment