Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday pizza canceled due to rain

Sunday Pizza day, so I have until 2pm to do my thing. I made coffee and read some of The Art of Power by Thich Nhat Hanh. This book is very insightful as I am currently learning about The Five Spiritual Powers, and I have only gotten through two. The first is Faith and as he describes it is about confidence and trust. It is about having a path and knowing where you are going as that is power. The second is Diligence in your practice whatever it may be. In addition, he talks about watering seeds of positive thought and positioning yourself in environments where these seeds are nourished. Where negative seeds are not nourished and are kept dormant. I hope this post makes sense and I am not going into la la land. After, my morning read I ventured to the garden and checked all the plants out and all was well.

So, I just found out I am going to be in the Steve Braun Triathlon September 5th. It entails a .4 mi swim, 3.5 mi run around Cascade Lake and a 17 mi bike ride. I will be doing the 3.5 mi run and I have been practicing along with timing myself cause this is my first race, yeah! I also have taken up exploring the island on my bike. I love the feeling of being on my bike, free, fast, wind through my hair ha ha, and seeing the island as a cyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment