Sunday, July 3, 2011

My first time blogging

Well, I started this blog with the intention that I would journal about my expereince on Orcas Island and I have been finding other things to do.

So, I will start from the beginning of my journey in Seattle, WA. I was working as a Shift Supervisor for Starbucks. I had reached a point in this job where I couldn't be here anymore. What was the tipping point well I had my six month review which I failed all categories. As I sat there listening to this BS my inner voice said what are you doing? I don't need this and I don't care we just serve coffee. I was given a choice to work on a plan to improve in these categories or give my notice and my boss said that the plan would be very hard, oh please. So, I went home thought about for a minute and decided to give my notice and I felt the brick house lift off my back. Yippie, I am in charge of my happiness. Which lead me back to this website that my sister had sent me ATTRA http://attra.ncat.org/ this has internships paid or unpaid all over the USA in farming, and gardening. I think it is a great way to expereince a different town, city, state for a summer or longer if you chose. So, I applied to a multitude of different farms allover Washington State. I heard back from some on Orcas Island, so I decided to take a trip up north with my sister in tow. I interviewed with Inn at Ship Bay a place that has 11 guest rooms, upscale restuarant and a culinary garden that I would tend. The place seemed wonderful so I thought it over and took the job, yippie! I am going to be living on Orcas Island for the summer how exciting.  I would start on May 17th 2011 and I reside on the property in a cabin I share with one other intern. The cabin is fully equip with two bedrooms a kitchen anf bathroom which is very luxury condering some of the other farm stays.
The Cabin where I will live for the summer.
The pond ouside in front of the cabin.
The view from the front lawn at Ship Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment