Sunday, October 2, 2011

One of my summer highlights

Well, I wanted to share one of my summer highlights on Orcas Island. This event took place on September 4th at Moran State Park. It was the annual Steve Braun Triathlon and the course was .4 mi of swimming, 17 mi bike ride, and a 3.5 mi run. The team members were all from Ship Bay, Molly swimmer, Walter biker, and Melissa runner. This was my very first race and I loved every minute of it.

The race started at 9 am going in order swimmer, biker, runner. We were all feeling good before and after the race where we celebrated at Molly's with a brunch. There were other people from the race which was fun to mingle. As we later found out we came in second which was so exciting. Here are some pics of the champions Haha
Race announcements, Molly in Purple, Me in yellow shirt, Walter in long sleeve

Cascade Lake the begining of the race, swimmers

Everyone is waiting for the horn.


Go Molly
Molly and I after her swim.


I am stretching with fathers support haha


I am off as Walter tags me.
Woho finishing the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment