Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall has officially arrived

Well, I awoke today to cloudy skies and a warm 55 degrees. So, I have to dress warm as I am a wimp when it comes to cool weather. Due to the cooler days and nights we have been leaving the greenhouse closed. The tomatoes are ripening at a slower pace due to the temperature drop, so I have been pulling them out slowly. Also, I am getting ready to sow some mustard, lettuce, endive and arugula which will all go in the greenhouse once the tomatoes are gone.
Yet, I can see that the apples are ripening and sizing up which means picking time is coming.



Starting to clear out some plants

The tomatoes are still good size

Parsley and tomato are good companions and it shows

Another parsley and tomato friendship

Seeds that are going to be used in the greenhouse

Wow, look at all the tomato debris

Look at the size of these brandywines

Apples, yummy

Beautiful view of ship bay

Another, beautiful view on Orcas Island

Plums have all been picked for the season, I believe we got 6 to 7 crates full.

No comments:

Post a Comment